Friday, August 28, 2009

The solution for the giant zucchini!

So anyone who has ever taken a stab at vegetable gardening has grown a giant zucchini. I absolutely love beautiful gardens and fresh homegrown produce, but truth be told I am a horrible gardener. I just don't have the patience for it, love to plant hate to weed! I spend more time in my yard then anyone else I know, but really my garden needs some work! This year I grew tomatoes, carrots and beets and didn't grow the giant zucchini of years pass. But I do have two great recipes to share. The other to follow soon!

These we have been selling in the store the past two weeks and they have been well received.

Zucchini Fritters with Goat's Cheese and Fresh Mint

1 large garden varitey zucchini, grated
1/2 cup all pupose flour
1/2 cup crumbled goats cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped

Grate the zucchini and place in a colander, salt and allow to sit for 20 mins. Squeeze out all moisture and toss with flour. Mix in egg and then gently incorporate goats cheese and fresh mint.

Bring a pan with 1" of oil to a moderate temperature. Scoop out fritters in either appy size or entree and size and pan fry until golden on both sides. Bite size will be ready to serve but the larger size may need to be packed until cooked through.

Serve with plain yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. oh oh oh...did anyone say goat cheese?!!!! wow...I have never had mint with zucchini but I am guessing that it tastes superb!

    ReplyDelete